Do you know how to install a WordPress website on Dreamhost?
Every person who wants to introduce their talent to the world. Everyone has dreams of having his own website. In such a situation, people often start themselves with such online tools which are either free or put a minimal financial burden on them. Open-source software is the first choice of such people. Keeping in mind the need of such people in the online medium, free open-source software is available for almost every task.
WordPress is the most popular open-source software. And it is super free. With its help, we can create a very attractive website in minutes and it does not require any special technical skills.
Millions of websites around the world are on WordPress and it is becoming popular among their users. To use WordPress, the user only has to host his website on a web hosting agency. Dreamhost is a good option for website hosting.
So, Host your website on DreamHost, you have to install WordPress software on the host server and it is very easy to do this. If you are a beginner then this guide is for you. Through this article, we are trying to explain to you how you can install WordPress on Dreamhost.
Start with Dreamhost:
- Buy the hosting plan that suits you by visiting DreamHost’s website. If you want to know how to make a website from scratch, then read the article below.
- After this, when you are successful in getting the membership, then login to your Dream Host account and complete the WordPress installation process as per the instructions given below
Set up your domain name before installing WordPress.
- If your domain name is appearing in the list then you can proceed with WordPress setup, but somewhere your domain setup is not complete then you have to set it up on the server.
How to Setup Domain in Dreamhost?
- Setting up a domain on Dreamhost is very easy and you do not need any technical skills for this.
- For this, you have to first go to the Manage Domains screen. After clicking on it, you will have to click on Add New Domain / Subdomain.
- It will take you to a new window, where you have to enter the name of your domain.
- While doing this, you have to keep one thing in your mind, do not write http:// or WWW before your domain name, just enter your domain.
- In the next option, we recommend you to choose WWW before your domain, where you will get “Do you want the www in your URL?” out of three. You will get an option.
- The advantage of this is if someone types WWW before your domain name, then they will reach your website directly.
- The options will appear in the drop-down of the FTP user window, but it is recommended to leave them at the default settings.
- The web directory is also automatically filled as soon as you enter your domain name in the first window. So you don’t even need to tamper with it.
- It would be fine to leave the web options the same way and there is no need to make any changes to the default settings.
- Use your Gmail service instead of using email@example.com as the email ID. There are two big advantages, There is no need to check two emails and secondly, you saved your time
- by setting up an email on your domain. Read here how to create your Gmail account.
- After this, you click on the ‘Fully host this domain’ button. Your domain will be set to Dreamhost as soon as the success message comes.
- Here we make one thing more clear just by setting the domain name on Dreamhost’s server, this domain name does not become yours, for this you have to register the domain name.
- If you have already registered a domain name, then you need to login to your domain name provider’s account and point to DreamHost name servers in the name servers there.
How to Install WordPress Website on Dreamhost?
- You have to install your domain on Dreamhost. After that, you have to install your website here and WordPress is a great option for this.
- For this, you have to click on ‘One Click Install’, which will appear in the navigation menu on the left side of DreamHost.
- ‘One Click Install Menu’ will open after clicking On it.
- Keep scrolling through this menu until you see the WordPress logo. Click the WordPress logo, it will give you the option of DreamHost One-Click Install: WordPress.
- On clicking this, a pop-up window will open in which brief information about WordPress
- In this popup window, you have to complete some procedures for a WordPress installation.
- First of all, you have to choose the domain that you are installing WordPress to host.
- You see the domain name, you just setup a while back in the scroll-down window.
- Here you will also see a warning like ‘Please be sure there are no files there now’ but you don’t need to panic because you are going to do this for the first time and definitely no other files are present there.
- Leave the domain name column blank and go to the selector database option. Select the option automatically create a database, if this option is coming by default, then leave it as it is.
- We advise you to opt for Deluxe Install in WordPress installation because in this option you get more than 100 WordPress themes for free, out of which you can choose your favorite theme for your website layout.
- Then click on Install it for me now. After that, you have to wait for a few seconds for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation is completed, a successful install message will appear on your screen. As soon as this work is completed. After some time you will receive a message on your email id.
- You will get a link to go to your WordPress desktop. Which will look something like this. http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php .
- Click on it and you will get the option to login to WordPress. Where you can login and start the work of setting up your website.
Choosing a hosting plan for your website can be confusing. There are so many different plans available and not all of them are right for you. DreamHost is a great hosting company and they will provide you with all the tools you need to make your website. We hope that you have a good experience with DreamHost. If you need help, please visit DreamHost’s website.