Computers are used everywhere, whether you are doing your own business or work in a company or bank. To run a company or business, computers are necessary.
You all must have heard about Cybercrime. Cybercrime is a crime in which hackers use computers to steal important data and personal files from computers. They blackmail them and demand a lot of money from them.
What is Hacking?
Hacking means finding the bugs in the computer system and then taking advantage of that weakness to blackmail the owner of that computer. It is done by a person through a computer which we call a hacker. He has a lot of knowledge of computers so he is an expert in stealing data from others’ computers.
Hacking is known that it is a wrong act because it is illegal and a person can be punished for doing such activities. Every time hacking is not wrong because not all hackers are the same, some of them are good.
History of Hacking & Basics of Hacking:
Hacking has been a very big part of computing for the last several decades. It is a very broad discipline, which covers a wide range of topics. Do you know when this hacking happened for the first time? It was firstly used in 1960 by MIT. And at the same time, the word “Hacker” was also born and later became very famous as well.
If we talk about the process of hacking technically, then the main work that has to be done in it is to find the possible entry points in any computer network or computer system and later finally enter it. Hacking usually involves gaining unauthorized access to a computer system or computer network. Its purpose is either to harm the system or to steal the sensitive information present in the system.
Hacking is often legal as long as a hacker uses it to find the weaknesses of a computer system or computer network for testing purposes. This type of hacking is called Ethical Hacking.
A computer expert who does this hacking himself is called an “Ethical Hacker”. Ethical Hackers are those who always use their knowledge to gain knowledge, about how systems operate, how they are designed, and sometimes to test the security strength of the system.
Read More: Recent WhatsApp Update
Types of Hacking:
We can divide Hacking into different categories. From this list, you can identify what kind of hacking can be possible. So, here we go.
- Website Hacking – This type of hacking means gaining unauthorized control over a web server and its associated software such as databases and other interfaces.
- Network Hacking – This type of hacking means getting all the information on a network and for which there are many tools such as Telnet, NS lookup, Ping, Tracert, Netstat, etc. The main purpose of doing this is only to harm the network system and its operation.
- Email Hacking – This type of hacking means that the hacker gets unauthorized access to email account without the permission of the owner. Later which hacker is going to use for his illegal works.
- Ethical Hacking – This type of hacking means to identify the weakness of a system or network and help the owner to fix it. This is a safe hacking process in which all the work is done under the supervision of the owner.
- Password Hacking – This type of hacking means that in which secret passwords are recovered from the data which is stored in the computer system or transmitted by any computer system.
- Computer Hacking – This type of hacking means that the hacker knows the computer ID and password of a computer system, by using hacking methods, by which they get unauthorized access to any computer system. This puts the owners at risk of their data being stolen.
How Many Types of Hackers Are Available?
Basically, there are three types of hackers. A good hacker is called a white hat hacker, a bad hacker is called a black hat hacker, and the one who comes between these two means the one who does both good and bad work is called a gray hat hacker.
1. Black Hat Hacker:
Black hat hackers are those who enter your computer without your permission and steal your personal data like corporate data, fund transactions details, ATM card details, etc. They steal and take the wrong advantage of our compulsion and demand ransom from us. Black hat hackers are very bad and they harm others for their own benefit.
2. White Hat Hacker:
White hat hackers are those people who do the complete opposite of black hat hackers. These hackers check the security of the computer with permission. They do it only to help a particular company.
3. Gray Hat Hacker:
Gray hat hackers are those who have no personal intention to play with the data of others’ computers or spoil their systems. Also, they do not even want money in return.
Also Read: How To Stay Safe From Hackers While Doing Online Banking?
What is Ethical Hacking? Is It Legal or Illegal?
An ethical hacker follows some rules to hack the system. It is very important to take permission from the owner of the computer and protect the privacy of the computer. So, no one else can hack, or find the weakness of the computer.
By doing all these things, an Ethical hacker protects a person or a company from the eyes of a bad hacker and also saves from loss. Big companies hire ethical hackers in their company to keep their important files and corporate data safe and also give them a good salary.
Advantages of Ethical Hacking:
- With this, you can recover your lost information, especially when you forget your password.
- With this, we can perform penetration testing so that we can check the strength of any computer or network security.
- This allows us to take adequate preventative measures to prevent security breaches.
- By learning this, we can use it to protect our computers from malicious hackers.
Disadvantages of Ethical Hacking:
- First of all, after learning Ethical Hacking, people start doing your wrong things in the greed of money.
- With this, we can get unauthorized access to someone’s system and know their private information.
- With this we can also commit a privacy violation.
- If used in reverse, then any system operation can also be damaged.